In your childhood years as a precocious aspiring cook, you have probably wondered about the ingredients in the KFC chicken recipe. Well, so have many other children and their mothers and fathers while munching their way through every piece of skin and meat and, finally, sucking the bone to get every last ounce of flavor. Besides, who would not want to enjoy the flavors of a KFC fried chicken at home everyday?
However, the inventor of the KFC chicken recipe took great pains not to divulge any of the ingredients and preparation methods involved in making the finger lickin’ good chicken. It remains to this day a closely-guarded trade secret although others have professed to know the KFC chicken recipe. Yes, even the trademark 11 herbs and spices are yet to be announced to the outside world.
Well, a trade secret it may be but one can always hope to find the KFC chicken recipe that most closely resembles the original as developed by Colonel Sanders. Or better yet, you can always completely copy the KFC original or spicy chicken recipe down to the last juicy bite.
How is this made possible, you ask? Well, let’s just say I’ve learned it myself from many different resources and finally, sorted out the best ingredients for KFC original fried chicken recipe.
KFC Original Fried Chicken Ingredients
- 2 fryer chickens, cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
- 6 cups Crisco shortening
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 31/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F.
- Beat the egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Mixing the remaining six dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Place every piece of chicken into the milk.
- Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
- When pressure builds up, cook for 8-12 minutes.
You will delightedly discover, as I have, that the KFC chicken recipe is not as difficult to do as it appears. The ingredients including the herbs and spices as well as the preparation and frying methods are detailed in a step-by-step guide, which even a fifth grader just beginning how to fry a single leg of chicken can follow.
The beauty of following a popular KFC chicken recipe is that you can make plenty of fried chickens for an army, if you want, and yet not worry about the costs rivaling the budget deficit of the United States. In short, not only will your chickens be as finger lickin’ good but your pockets will not take a licking either.