There are many ‘so called weight loss tips’, but here I have narrowed them down in to what I believe are the 6 best tips on losing weight healthily.
1. Change your lifestyle: If you’re going to insist on calling this a “diet,” then the chances are, you’re going to gain all that weight back and quite possibly MORE than what you started with a few months ago. Diets are temporary, however habits are not. These are the key to losing weight, if you can change your habits you’re putting yourself on course for long term, and most importantly, continual success.
2. Dietary control and exercise: Sadly, there is no magical solution to weight loss. However it is true what they say you know, all you have to do is watch what you eat, and spend more energy than you consume. It really is that simple, yet over 1,562,307,878 are currently overweight n the world, and that is rising at a rapid rate as I type this now! So while the methodology behind weight loss is simple, weight loss in itself is an extremely difficult task, however the rewards you will reap make it an exceptionally worthwhile task.
3. Tell your family and friends: You’re not going to lose this weight alone. If you have a family at home, then talk to them about it, your family and friends can provide you with encouragement when you need it most. Let them know what you’re going to do, and that you need their support. You want them to help you achieve your goals. You also want them share your delight when you’ve made it past a certain mark. You never know, maybe some of your newly found habits will rub off them too
4. Take photos throughout: In my opinion this is one of the most under rated weight loss tips. It may suck to see yourself as a bit of a teletubby. However, there’s no easier way to illustrate your progress and also inspire you towards more. The “after” photos are far easier to look at than the ‘before’ photos admittedly. However on your battle towards beating weight loss there’s nothing more inspiring than seeing yourself continuously losing weight. And once you see your fantastic new body compared to your old one, you’ll never go back.
5. Set realistic goals: The chances are, you could probably lose 30 pounds in a week if you work out 15 hours a day and eat nothing but spinach – but we’re human. A favourite saying of mine is “Slow and steady wins the race”. I believe this to be the case again here. Make small achievable goals, in order to achieve these goals they MUST be reasonable. An acronym I like to use for setting goals is to keep them SMART. Specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound. Keep your goals to this and with grit and determination you can achieve them.
6. Identify your exercise: Another important aspect of weight loss, exercise! You may like running, so run. You might like dancing, so dance. You might like swimming, so swim! Find one that works best for you and one that also isn’t too much of a chore for you to do regularly throughout the week. There’s no point picking a routine that you don’t like – make sure it’s something you enjoy. You could even try getting a running buddy or a swimming buddy as this can help pull you of bed to get that exercise done! But most importantly, get yourself in to that routine and enjoy what you’re doing.